- Scholarship from the National Science Foundation, USA, to attend the Advanced Study Institute on Statistical Ecology, Pennsylvania, USA. July - August 1972.
- Scholarship from CONICIT (Venezuela) to attend the Advanced Study Institute, on the subject "Dynamics of Numbers in Populations". Oosterbeck, Holland. Sept. 3 - 20, 1970.
- Scholarship from UNESCO to attend the Regional Seminar on Integrated Studies in Ecology. Buenos Aires, Argentina. June-July, 1970.
- Co-winner of the prize to the best invited research work, 1st. Latin American Congress of Entomology. Cuzco, Perú, April. 1971. Winner research: "Computer Simulation of the populationa regulation of the triatomines vector of Chagas Disease by the parasite Telenomus fariai (Hymenoptera: Scelionidae) and of the strategies for integrated control ".
- Class Medal of the Order Andrés Bello, granted by the Presidency pf the Republic of Venezuela. April 6 de 1978.
- Winner (as first author with Patricia Himschoot) of the First prize (called "Academia Nacional de Medicina"), being an annual prize of the Argentinean National Academy of Medicine to the best research work. Granted to the subject "Scientific Methods". Winner research: "A Mathematical Model of the Ecology de of Chagas Disease: Epidemiology and Control". Buenos Aires, Diciembre 6 de 1988.
- Recognized as "Certified Senior Ecologist", by the Council of Professional Certification of the North American Ecological Society. April, 1993, for a 5-year period. Renewed in April 1998, for a second 5-year period (April 1998 - April 2003). Renewed in April 2003, for a third 5-year period (April 2003 - April 2008).